Masseria Borgo Dei Trulli Salice Salento, Brindisi, Salentino DOC, Puglia, Italy


Masseria Borgo Dei Trulli Salice Salentino, Brindisi, Salento DOC, Puglia, Italy


The wine displays a deep violet colour, with pleasant earthy aromas of blackcurrants, vanilla and chocolate. The palate is velvety, elegant and complex. The finish is extremely well-balanced and persistent.


SKU: 8052432831488 Categories: , Tags: , , ,
Grape Varieties
  • 90% Negroamaro
  • 10% Malvasia Nera
  • 13.5%



Negroamaro, Malvasia Nera


In the ‘heel of Italy’s boot’, in the Salento region of Puglia, lies Masseria Borgo dei Trulli. The winery takes its name from the plural of ‘Trullo’, traditional Puglian dry stone huts that were mainly used as field shelters or storehouses by Saracen populations hundreds of years ago. Remains of these ancient shelters are still present today.

Borgo dei Trulli covers a total of 45ha of land, including 25ha of vineyards. Home to dark, thickskinned black grape varieties, the focus here is on indigenous grapes and interesting production methods.

The Negroamaro and Malvasia Nera grapes are carefully selected from low-yielding vineyards in the Province of Brindisi, in southern Puglia

The vines are trained in the Guyot system. Plant density is around 5.500 plants per hectare with an average yield of 2 kg per plant. The plants are an average of 15 to 25 years old


Both grape varieties are manually harvested in late September.


After de-stemming, the grapes are not crushed, allowing them to remain intact, reducing damage to the skins and optimizing colour extraction. The two grape varieties are fermented together in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 23-25°C for 8-10 days.
Frequent remontage and delestage are carried out during the fermentation in order to achieve soft extraction of aromas and gentle tannins. After racking, malolactic fermentation is induced.


Following malolactic fermentation the wine is racked. 80% of the wine is placed in stainless steel containers at a controlled temperature of 18°C. The remaining 20% is placed in second and third passage 500 litre tonneaux barrels and left there to age for 8 months.


Masseria Borgo dei Trulli Salice Salento, Salento DOC, Italy Wine
Masseria Borgo Dei Trulli Salice Salento, Brindisi, Salentino DOC, Puglia, Italy
Privacy Policy & Cookie Information